- the personal information we collect about you;
- what we do with your information; and
- who your information might be shared with.
Who we are
Crave DSP Limited ('we' or 'us') are a 'data controller' for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation EU 2016/679); and any subsequent UK data protection legislation (i.e. we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information). We are registered in England and Wales with company number 08302524, and our registered office is at 15 Spindleberry Grove, Nailsea, Bristol, BS48 1QE.
What information may we collect?
We may collect personal information provided by you such as:
- your name, address, email address and telephone number when you install and/or purchase software or other digital content from our website; and
- information provided to us by you when making an enquiry or responding to a communication from us
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user's internet service provider. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you so that we can:
- identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
- process your order;
- if you agree, inform you of any new software products, or versions of our existing software products available on our website;
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our products that may affect you;
- provide any relevant support services to you;
- conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- carry out customer profiling and analyse your purchasing preferences;
- detect and prevent fraud;
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences; and
- improve our services.
If you have agreed to receive communications from us regarding our new software products or new versions of our existing software products, you can opt out at any time. See 'What rights do you have?' below for further information.
Software Licence Key
If you purchase a licence key to unlock the full version of one of our software products, this software licence key will be personal to you and as such will be encrypted with your personal data, such as your name, address and email address. We will not share your licence key with anyone else and you acknowledge that if you share your licence key: (i) you will be in violation of your contractual obligations under the End User Licence Agreement; and (ii) you accept all liability in relation to sharing your personal data in this way.
Who your information might be shared with
We may disclose your personal data to:
- our service providers, such as the third party suppliers used for webhosting, customer support or data analysis services; and
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
Please be assured that we respect your privacy and are committed to keeping your personal data secure. As such, we ensure that any service providers we use share our commitment to protecting your privacy and data.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that are unique to you;
- we store your personal data on secure servers; and
- we arrange for your payment details to be sent using an encrypted secure payment mechanism that transfers your data straight from you to the website of your chosen payment provider.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see 'How can you contact us?' below).
What can I do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
Unless you are purchasing and/or installing the Software outside of the European Economic Area, we will not personally transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area and we ensure our servers are located within the European Economic Area for this reason.
However, we cannot guarantee that that any third party providers we or you choose to use (such as payment providers Stripe.com or PayPal) do not store or process your personal data in countries outside of the European Economic Area. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. However, we will take measures to ensure that any such third parties comply with applicable data protection laws and are subject to appropriate security measures and safeguards for such data transfers.
What rights do you have?
Right to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or all of it, please:
- email, call or write to us (see 'How can you contact us?' below);
- provide us with your contact details;
- let us have proof of your identity and address; and
- let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us (see 'How can you contact us?' below);
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, user name, registration details); and
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us (see 'How can you contact us?' below). You can also click on the 'unsubscribe' button at the bottom of the email newsletter; and
- let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone).
How to contact us